On October 10, 2010 I embark on a 2 month trip to Beijing to open up THE FIRST Gap store in China. I will be part of the Beijing team in Chaobei Joy City, a large scale regional shopping center. By the end of 2010 there we will have 4 Gaps opened, 2 in Beijing and 2 in Shanghai.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Just bought a bunch of books to take to China

Jenny and I spent about an hour or more today at Barnes and Noble--mainly in the kids section.

I was looking for a bunch of books to entertain me while I am in China.
Honestly I am not a big book person, unless its one of those "book club" books that stay-at-home mom's like to read, so I started by looking up Harry Potter books and ended up with these:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets



The Road


The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time


Wicked


Animal Farm (I loved this book when I was in school)


The Catcher in the Rye (Jenny's favorite book)


Life of Pi


The Time Traveler's Wife

2 comments:

  1. catcher in the rye is booorrring. i'm reading it at the moment and its taking me forever to read it because its sooooo boring. easy read but it's very boring. you'll like life of pi. i read it a while back. that too is an easy read. let me know how the curious goes. i almost picked it up a few weeks ago. by the did i mention catcher in the rye is boring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah damn, jenny said that was her favorite book.
    Maybe I'll read The Curious Incident first that way you can take it back to Korea with you.
    I'm thinking I'll leave Harry Potter at home and read them when I get back.

    ReplyDelete