On October 10, 2010 I embark on a 2 month trip to Beijing to open up THE FIRST Gap store in China. I will be part of the Beijing team in Chaobei Joy City, a large scale regional shopping center. By the end of 2010 there we will have 4 Gaps opened, 2 in Beijing and 2 in Shanghai.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 5 - Oct 13

Yesterday was a short day for us.

I think the night before doomed us for an early evening.

We were able to get an extra 30 mins of sleep today we decided to take the subway to work, but because of the alarm fiasco the day before I could not sleep and, around 5 am , I would wake up every half hour and check my phone.

We met for breakfast and Joanne quizzed us on our words. I did fairly well so we added on some new words.

On our way to the subway we saw some people doing tai chi with swords
We met today at a different office building. The task today is to split the associates into what division they will be working in.
The store structure is crazy. There are 96 members on staff for the store.
1 GM - 2 CMs (Commercial Mgrs) - 3 DMs (Divisional Mgrs) - each DM gets 2 Supervisors - 1 VM - 1 Stock Sup - 1 LP Sup - 1 HR Sup & 80 associates.
In addition to this there will be about 10 security guards on staff.

Here they are reviewing and grading all the applicants based on experience, attitude, and division preference.

The resumes here are so much more in depth. They not only list experience, but also include pictures and measurements, weight and marital status!

After our free lunch buffet...
(Fried rice, omelet, chicken wings, stir fried greens, scallops, stewed cabbage, fish, shrimp, steamed buns)

We went to a huge shopping area called Xi Dan to do some competitive shopping.


There were so many cutesy stores there I couldn't even stand it! I wanted to buy everything!
Monchichis!



Snack break!

I think this store was called Hello Panda, but I like calling it Angry Panda
For dinner we ate at a Japanese in the mall.
My eel fried rice :)


No comments:

Post a Comment