On October 10, 2010 I embark on a 2 month trip to Beijing to open up THE FIRST Gap store in China. I will be part of the Beijing team in Chaobei Joy City, a large scale regional shopping center. By the end of 2010 there we will have 4 Gaps opened, 2 in Beijing and 2 in Shanghai.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 16 - Oct 24

What a terrible day to be off.
Jim and I met for breakfast at 8 am and it was pitch black outside. It looked like it was 8 at night.
It had rained last night so everything was so dark and drab.

We decided to hit up some museums today so we met Zeus (the VM for Gap-Chaobei) -after hitting up the Silk Market again - and went to a contemporary art museum called TODAY ART MUSEUM.
Those are "people" sitting all around the top of the building

Installation with a horse and beetles

Installation with goat on concrete bricks

Installation with plastic where the pieces get smaller as they ascend


After the museum we went to a little shopping area called SOHO and had dinner at Chamate.
These were the best sweet potato fries I've ever had!

pot 1: lightly fried tofu with mushrooms and lobster
pot 2: chicken with snow peas, cabbage and mushrooms
pot 3: tofu with mushrooms and shrimp





On the way home we hit up the little grocery store that I recently found hidden right in our building!
Hmmm...I will have to try these


I am getting sad because Halloween is only a week away and I will be stuck at work setting Adult walls while everyone back home is enjoying my favorite holiday :(

I just hate the fact that Halloween will fly by and I won't even notice it because no one here celebrates or decorates for it.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone's costume on Facebook :((((((

No comments:

Post a Comment