On October 10, 2010 I embark on a 2 month trip to Beijing to open up THE FIRST Gap store in China. I will be part of the Beijing team in Chaobei Joy City, a large scale regional shopping center. By the end of 2010 there we will have 4 Gaps opened, 2 in Beijing and 2 in Shanghai.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 15 - Oct 23

Today felt like such a long day.
I came in prepared to LOD the shipment team all day and ended up working on the schedule with Gary, Mike and Jim.
Right when thought the schedule was finally starting to look good, Gary walks in with (of course) MORE changes.
Now I understand how stress he must be.

Th fixture delivery for the 2nd floor was pushed back to the 27th now and the 2nd floor handover is also pushed back.

Luckily I have tomorrow off :P

For lunch today Gary took Jim and I to a local hole-in-the wall type place near the mall.
It was pretty good. The duck we ordered wasn't that great though (even Gary didn't like it). It wasn't the red roasted kind I like.

Spicy Chicken on the table wok and the not so good duck


After work Jim and I hopped in a taxi and ended up sitting in traffic for 20 mins and barely moved a block. We spent more than we usually do to get home just sitting there.
So we got out and walked back to the mall and had dinner while we waited for traffic to die down.
You cook your own food on the skillet plate and it keeps it hot while you eat.
The paper around it keeps the food from popping all over you.



Now I am home researching some stuff to do in Hong Kong :D

No comments:

Post a Comment