On October 10, 2010 I embark on a 2 month trip to Beijing to open up THE FIRST Gap store in China. I will be part of the Beijing team in Chaobei Joy City, a large scale regional shopping center. By the end of 2010 there we will have 4 Gaps opened, 2 in Beijing and 2 in Shanghai.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Nov 17-19 Mom in Beijing

Ugh I have missed some crucial days of posting.
I will have to back track on a later date to upload all the pics from the PR event and Grand Opening,
BUT for now I just want to say....

MY MOM'S HERE!!!!!!! :))))))))))))))
Mom arriving at the airport!


There was someone famous at the airport at the same time mom was coming in. I don't know who she is, but there were tons of cameras chasing her around.

The first thing we did the next morning was get some street stall food on the way to the subway station

We went to the Silk Market and she went CRAZY!!!!
(kids floor at the Silk Market)


Here she is with her pyramid of prescription glasses
(4 progressive prescription and 2 prescription sunglasses)

While we waited for her glasses to be made, we had lunch across the street at some local place.
Dumplings/bok choy with mushrooms/ sweet and sour fish


Here she is with her new Burberry glasses


Look at dat whittle face ^_^



After Silk Market I had to go home to get ready for my overnight :((((


The next morning I came home around 8 am.
We decided to get our hair cut at the Ass Hair Salon

The people there are awesome! I am definitely going back again before I leave Beijing.

I got my hair cut by the owner

Mom was getting her hair cut next to me...
cuuuute n_n

He seemed very happy with the way it came out. The entire staff kept telling me how much they liked it.
You can tell I just got off from an overnight :p

For dinner mom wanted some authentic Peking duck so we went to this famous duck restaurant called Da Dong Roast Duck.

It was really good, but kind of expensive.
Mom really enjoyed it

After the meal they brought out this tray of grapes sitting on dry ice

We walked over to Salitun after dinner to check out the area and ended up spending all our money!!! See, this is where I get it from!
By the time we got down to our last 50 we called it quits, otherwise we would have way of getting home.


When we got back the hotel/apt was setting up some Christmas decorations in the lobby!
awww I can't believe Thanksgiving is coming up so soon. I am happy that I will be home for Christmas, but will be terribly sad to be leaving Beijing.
p.s. I love my new mini leopard back pack

No comments:

Post a Comment