On October 10, 2010 I embark on a 2 month trip to Beijing to open up THE FIRST Gap store in China. I will be part of the Beijing team in Chaobei Joy City, a large scale regional shopping center. By the end of 2010 there we will have 4 Gaps opened, 2 in Beijing and 2 in Shanghai.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Went to Anthro yesterday and got myself a new coat for China <3


I love it! It's such a good everyday jacket and the cute little ruffles around the bottom makes it not-so-butch.

The girls there also talked me into this Dreamy Drape Dress


It's a lot cuter in person and forms to the body very well. Mine is blue and white.

I also got 2 tops that were on sale :D

That being said, I now have no money for my over-the-knee boots I've been waiting to get. Sad times.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Today was my last day at Carowinds. I put together all the outfits for Feeding Frenzy (the vampire maze) and drew some more costumes for the new Defx maze.

After work I took mom out on a "date".
We got dinner at Bistro La Bon. It was her first time there and my first time getting dinner...OMG it was sooooo delicious.
We started with the mushroom brioche tart with truffle oil and parmesan

AMAZING

Mom ordered the Lamb Wellington

MmmmMmmmm

I got the Free Range Chicken over Spinach Gnocchi and mushrooms
(bad pic from my ghetto phone-mom's phone died after seeing her lamb wellington)

AMAZING X 2

For dessert we split the White Peach Tart special

AAAAMAZING X 3

After dinner I took mom by Twenty-Two to see the Skate Deck Show.
Lise was there and told me that they sold my board! yay!

The show will be up for two more days before they strip it down for the Fibers show which will open on Sat. Sept. 4th...which I (and my sister) will also be in. She'll probably be showing some of her felt dolls and I'll be displaying some of my Hand in Glove stuff. Click on this link to view pics of our joint "Animal" show from 2008-taken by Jenny Lee Hanson.


Later we drove downtown to Blumenthal to see Mary Poppins!!!

It was mom's first time seeing a Broadway show and she LOVED it.
The show was wonderful and the two main kids were really good.
Mom said she couldn't understand a word of it, but the thought the sets and the lighting and the singing was excellent hahah.
I love my mama!

2 comments:

  1. so you thought dinner was good?? jenny and mikey were saying that lunch there wasn't worth it... i've always wanted to try lamb wellington!! gordon ramsey always has it on his show mmm hmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg dinner was sooo good, i'm sure it also depends on what you order...omg lets go before i leave

    ReplyDelete