On October 10, 2010 I embark on a 2 month trip to Beijing to open up THE FIRST Gap store in China. I will be part of the Beijing team in Chaobei Joy City, a large scale regional shopping center. By the end of 2010 there we will have 4 Gaps opened, 2 in Beijing and 2 in Shanghai.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sophia, Daniel and I had brunch at Soul this afternoon.

I got the CHICKEN & WAFFLES southern- fried boneless thigh, drumette, and wing on a buttered Belgian waffle


Daniel got the OMELET “FETTUCCINE” CARBONARA eggs strips fettuccine-style in a carbonara sauce with smoked salmon


and Sophie got the TORTILLA Spanish skillet-baked omelet of chorizo, onions, peppers, and mushrooms topped with manchego cheese and french fries


We also shared a side of the French fries with garlic-herb salt & truffle oil.
Everything was delicious, especially the Fries, but the service there sucked!
Everyone seemed to be moving in slow motion and there were many mistakes.

After brunch we picked up Waters and Matt and headed to Carowinds.

Sophie and Matt went to the kiddie land and water park while the three of us rode the grown-up rides.

We rode:
The Intimidator
Thunder Road
Southern Star
After Burn
Carolina Cyclone
Scream Weaver
Rip Roarin' Rapids
then the Intimidator again

I took some pictures on my action sampler. I hope they came out ok.

SHIT: The stuff for the fibers show is due tomorrow (actually it was due yesterday) and I don't have anything for it!!! I guess I know what I will be working on tonight.

4 comments:

  1. the camera on my phone sucks! i. need. a. new. phone. pls. thnx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, this place seems crazy. it's definitely a go once in a year type kind of place otherwise i'd be massive. can we go when i come back to the states?

    ReplyDelete
  3. like i said, it was good, but the service is soooo slow...we NEED to go to the french place instead. SOOOOOO much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. but yes, we can go when you get back nom nom nom nom nom

    ReplyDelete