On October 10, 2010 I embark on a 2 month trip to Beijing to open up THE FIRST Gap store in China. I will be part of the Beijing team in Chaobei Joy City, a large scale regional shopping center. By the end of 2010 there we will have 4 Gaps opened, 2 in Beijing and 2 in Shanghai.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hello again

Wow, its been a while since my last post.

So much has happened since then.

My 2 month long assignment had been extended twice, which means I did not make it home in time for Christmas, but I did make it home the day before NYE. And now I am back in Beijing until March 31.

It is a lot different now that everybody is gone. No other American assignees to hang out with and keep me company and mom's back at home in North Carolina.

The weather is a lot colder and harsher than it was at the beginning of December. The winds are blowing in from Siberia and totally messing up my hair.

Since, I last updated I was able to return home for about a week to spend New Years Eve with friends and family, eat lots and lots of greasy American food and I had to pack up and move out of my apartment. Not fun. But it had to be done.

Here are a few pics from New Years Eve on. (There are far too many pictures from Xi'an - NYE for me to post - pls see facebook)

Spending NYE at home :)

NYE at Common Market to visit Matt

Met baby Liam for the first time
Mila and her panda hat

Yes, that is me holding a baby =__=

Back in Beijing

Brought back some treats for the store

Staying at the Fraser Residence again, this time in a new (fancier) room

And I found the jacuzzi, sauna and massage rooms hee hee hee
(This is just the jacuzzi)

I've also been cooking a lot more this time

Ass Hair Salon changed its name!!! :(((

I learned how to make dumplings


This ugly guy is mine. I'm so proud.

Hand made dumplings...and I helped!

I also took a calligraphy workshop


My masterpiece!
(I was told to hang it in my room upside down - like this)

Team building dinner with Crystal and the Men's department


My first time in a real Beijing apartment
(This is Crystal's new apartment, only 10 minutes away from where I am staying)

I've also been keeping myself busy with some shopping ;)
and of course, eating!
Jillis took us on her "usual shopping route" which ended up being awesome!


(Dinner after a particularly windy and COLD day)

Yummy local food

The calligraphy teacher told me about this amazing flower tea.
He said it was the most beautiful tea he has ever seen...
I agree - it looks like some sort of crazy ocean flower

Ok I will try to continue to post in this blog
Happy Year of the Rabbit!

No comments:

Post a Comment